Kubernetes Master Class
This six-hour hands-on course introduces container orchestration, from the basics of Kubernetes to container-based CI/CD pipelines. The course is composed of 60% theory, 40% of hands-on code labs delivered using Google Cloud. Most of the contents of the course apply to any Kubernetes cluster, be it on premises or on any other Cloud provider. If you want to be ready to deploy containers in production easily, this is your course.
Register for Kubernetes Master Class
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Introduction to the basic components of Kubernetes: Pods, Services, Deployments, Replica Sets, Ingress.
- Rolling updates and rollbacks.
- Best practices with Kubernetes: container image size, resource limits, liveness and readiness probes, pod/node affinity and antiaffinity, taints and tolerations.
- Autoscaling, Autoupdates and Autorepair on Google Kubernetes Engine. Multi-zone clusters.
- CI/CD pipelines with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Monitoring and alerts with StackDriver.
- Updates from the last three Kubernetes versions: 1.6, 1.7, 1.8.
- Intro to Kubernetes
- Pods, Nodes, Replica Sets, Deployments, Services, Persistent Volumes
- Rolling updtaes and deployment rollback
- Web console for Kubernetes and Kubernetes Engine
- Stateful workloads in Kubernetes
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Reserving Resources
- Liveness and Readiness Probes
- Static IP Addresses
- Upgrading Kubernetes
- Rolling out new container images
- Scheduling pods into nodes
- Adding containers to your CI/CD pipeline
- Kubernetes with Jenkins
- Kubernetes with Container Builder